Dear Friend of Trinity Community Ministries,
As Chairman of the Board for Trinity Community Ministries, I am sending this letter to share with you the successes we look forward to achieving for this new fiscal year. It is my honor to speak on behalf of this organization and to tell you how grateful we are for the generous support of so many people and institutions. It’s our hope that you’ll be pleased with the way we are serving the men in our care, and that you will continue to support us with this vital mission.
Our new fiscal year has began on July 1. As we look back over the last several months, we have seen many successes that point to a strong future for Trinity. These included:
- Our 2015 graduation class included 19 men moving into independent living following the successful completion of the Trinity House- Big Bethel program.
- We are projecting a net positive cash flow for the first time in several years as a result of right-sizing our organization and increasing financial support from the community.
- We are developing a broad-reaching collaborative relationship with Georgia State University to provide additional services to our men and experiential learning opportunities for students and volunteers from their various schools.
- Our Honorary Board continues to be a strong support for our organization. This year’s featured speakers at our semi-annual meetings were Marc Hodulich, Executive Producer of The RBC Decathlon, and Neal Freeman, Co-CEO of LakePoint Land, LLC..
- Our inaugural Fall Phonathon raised more than $25,000 to carry us through the end of the calendar year. Thank you for your support.
- The first annual Trinity Combine was held on the athletic fields of Georgia Tech this May. The athletic event raised new awareness of our mission and generated close to $100,000 in donations.
As with most not-for-profit organizations, we continue to see both opportunities and challenges ahead. Some examples include:
- The new Atlanta Street car and the expansion of Georgia State University are bringing changes to the neighborhood. While most of the changes are good, an active night scene adds new challenges for the men in the program.
- Although our finances are improving, we must continue to be good stewards of every dollar to ensure a strong financial foundation for the organization.
As we open this new fiscal year, I am asking you to help us start strong. There are many ways you can support this ministry:
- Host a T.E.A.M. dinner and bring your friends or colleagues,
- Join the Honorary Board and come to our Fall meeting,
- Attend the Saturday morning Bible study with the men at Trinity House, and
- Please consider making another generous donation to us this month to keep us going strong into the new fiscal year.
We truly appreciate all of your support and look forward to what we can accomplish together in the future.
Finally, I want to thank our wonderful staff who have worked so hard throughout this year. We would not be where we are without them.
In kindest regards,
Chairman of the Board
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO DONATE
Donations can be readily made through our profile page with Georgia Gives, which can be accessed here. All major credit cards accepted.
Pledge cards can be obtained from Trinity House-Big Bethel if in-person donation is preferred. Contact Ebony Hamm via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (404) 577-6651 x 239.
Make a matching gift by checking with your employer or reviewing our list of companies with matching gift programs.
All donations go directly to Trinity Community Ministries and help us double the impact of our programs.
Join our family of volunteers who contribute their time and talents to our ministry. Please contact us immediately if you have skills in the following areas: Marketing Communications Coordinator, Graphic Designer, WordPress Expert, Media Relations, Database Management.
To find more ways to volunteer, visit our GET INVOLVED page.
We are grateful to receive any of the following items:
Shower shoes, Umbrellas, Shaving Cream, Razors, Sheet Sets (TWIN XL), Sewing kits, Liquid Laundry Detergent, Hangers, Laundry Bags, Hand soap, Lotion, Hair brushes, Blankets, Pillows